Ink-on-Foil Printing with Maximum Wear Resistance
DIGITAL METAL® combines a patented foil transfer process with overprinted graphics to produce finely detailed metallic designs not available with traditional foil techniques. Create stunningly rich graphics combining color and foil with precise registration accuracy.
DIGITAL METAL® Advantages
- Maximum wear resistance
- Create custom metallic color tones
- Full-face foil decoration
- Registration accuracy allows for finer design detail
- Gold or silver foils and iridescent effects or holograms
- Halftone foil dots and lines
- Pure white retains its color when overprinted on foil
- Variable data printing with foil
See DIGITAL METAL® in action
- For best results, create your design with DIGITAL METAL® in mind, rather than adding it to a pre-existing design.
- DIGITAL METAL® can be used on partial surfaces as an accent or full surfaces with a bleed.
- For three-dimensional designs, avoid covering images completely in foil to maximize spatial effects
- Designs with sharp edges produce best results with DIGITAL METAL® foil. Print soft transitions with ink alone.
- Exclude foil for rendering of lighter areas, or use DIGITAL DEFRACTION® if foil is desired.
- Avoid using DIGITAL METAL® on black areas to maintain a deep black color
How it Works
- The metallic design outline is first printed onto the card’s surface using specialized ink.
- DIGITAL METAL® foil is applied to the surface, adhering to the ink.
- The final design is printed on top of the foil, creating unparalleled color, brilliance, and depth.
DIGITAL METAL® Silver
DIGITAL METAL® Gold